Friday, August 15, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!



I've often told anyone that will listen (and that isn't very many people) that I think it would be great if it would snow a few times during the summer, when we could really appreciate it, rather than all winter long when we begin to hate the sight of one more snowflake. That occurs in February and March, don't you think?

Well now I am back in Phoenix, and I won't be having that problem . . . EVER! lol Today Jeanne challenged us to make a snowman card to help cool off. I got a new order today, so I had to use some of my fresh goodies so I made two cards for my amusement and hopefully for yours.

For the blue card, I inked the cuttlebug embossing folder with white craft ink, ran the Baja Breeze cs through the folder and then embossed with Irredescent Ice. I mounted that onto the Pacific Point card. The hi stamp was inked with versamark and Pacific Point ink, stamped onto white cs and then embossed with irredescent ice ep. I punched that outand mounted it with dimensionals. The snowman was made by embossing white cs with the snowflakes cb folder and punching out different areas for the body. The face is just a white circle I drew the face onto. The hat is just scraps of black cs. The arms are actually the hemp twine. I think it looks a big twiggish, don't you. After he was finished, I inked the whole thing with versamark and embossed it with the irredescent ice ep again. How do you like him?

For the white card, I embossed just the bottom portion of the white card with the snowflakes folder, then attached the gingham ribbon and added two small bows. The images were stamped with versamark and clear embossed and punched out. The snowman face was colored with my markers, stamped and cut out, mounted onto the red circle, dotted around the edge and mounted onto a Handsome Hunter scallop square. I added some faux brads, and there you have it. Oh yeah, the entire thing is mounted onto Handsome Hunter. I'm lovin' these new hostess sets. What do you think of them?

1 comment:

Terri said...

Karen, these are both darling! Snowmen are my very favorite winter thing! I collect them and bring them altogether on a table in my entry for Christmas. I call it snowman village and it changes every year. I have such a good time positioning all of them. Anyway, your cards are so nice. The colors are great and the embossing just makes the cards pop! We were thinking along the same lines for the challenge. Your blue card and my card for the challenge are scary similar. I think we have stamping vibes going back and forth between our brains. You did such a better job than I did. I didn't have that much time to stamp before we left for Iowa to meet Beth's boyfriend's parents.
Enough rambling, great cards. I really want that square scallop punch! I'm putting in an order next Friday after my classes are done. TFS