Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Check this out!




Oh my goodness, this is one of the ideas I got at Convention. This is a spiral pop-up card, and it is so easy. I made it for my dh and tucked it into his suitcase when he went on a business trip. Whenever I hand him a card I make, he is always looking for the trick and "what it does". Well, this card actually does something, just for him. He loved it btw. The outside isn't too exciting, but when you open it up - look out!

If you want to do one yourself, all you have to do is take a circle shape and cut it with your scissors into a spiral. You want it to be about 1/8" thick. Then you adhere one end to the front of your card, and the other to the back of your card. Be sure it doesn't show around the edges when it is closed. Then attach shapes or whatever you wish to the spirals. Be sure they are right side up. I had it wrong and had to re-do it. Sheesh, I hate it when that happens. Give it a try. I think you will like it.

No comments: