Thursday, August 28, 2008

Coloring Craft


This is a different technique for me. I kind of did what Frances calls Black Magic for this card.

I stamped the solid image with white craft and set with my heat gun, then colored with Crayola colored pencils. Fancy, eh? lol I blended the colors with a Prismacolor blender pencil, then I stamped the white outline with white craft and embossed with white instead of outlining with the white gel pen. Close enough to Frances' technique, don't you think? The sentiment is stamped with white craft. For the background, I cuttlebugged it and then ran the white craft pad over it. I also sponged the white craft around the edges a bit more and hit it with the colored pencil to bring that color to the edge. Then I used my sponge to blend that in. It's very subtle, but I like the look. I added a little organdy and taffeta ribbon and heated it. What do you think?

2 comments:

Terri said...

Very cool Karen. I like what you did with the sponging on the edge of the card and overstamping the flower (my fav stamp of all time) in the white and then embossing it! Great effect! Also like the heating of the ribbon. I keep forgetting to give that a try. This one's a winner!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

awwww, I have this set! Thanks for the idea.