Thursday, August 14, 2008

Inspired by Eastern Blooms


Today's card is a mixture of two of the new stamp sets I received at convention this year, Eastern Blooms and Inspired by Nature. I stamped the grass with versamark on the chocolate chip cs and then inked up the leaves and stems with my chocolate chip marker and stamped those. I inked up my flower stamp with Pink Pirouette and then used markers in Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose to shade the flowers before stamping on white cs. I cut them out and curled them a bit before attaching them with dimensionals. I then added a little two way glue and dazzling diamonds to the centers of the flowers. I stamped the sentiment with chocolate chip ink onto the pink pirouette cs and punched out with the small oval punch. I distressed the edges and then attached it to the taffeta ribbon with a dimensional. I then gathered it on each side with brown brads before attaching it to the card front. Of course you can see the chocolate chip layer is also distressed before attaching it to the pretty in pink card. I really like our new stamp sets and combining two of them was such fun on this card. I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Terri said...

This really is so pretty Karen! You're such a talented friend (even if you can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago ;-) Thanks for all the deets. It really helps to see all the detail you put into the card. Keep em' coming!