Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hay, Happy Wishes


I created this card for the sketch challenge on SCS today. I had wanted to use this cute little farm set and I thought this was the perfect opportunity. I tried different techniques to get a good red barn and finally settle on this one. I stamped the image with versamark on real red card stock and then embossed it with white embossing powder and cut it out. The fence was part of that and so I had to cut that out too. Ouch! I don't really enjoy the detail cutting - it's HARD to do! lol But do like the look I got. Though next time, after I cut it out, I might go over it again with my versamarker and add more ep to get a really really white fence. I love the look of the white fences on the rolling hill farms. I cut out the piece of green for the grassy hill and stamped it with the watercolor minis stamp. Then I needed a tractor, and it just had to be a John Deere, so I stamped it twice with versamark and clear embossed - once on yo yo yellow and again on Garden Green. I cut out the yellow . . . what? . . . hub caps? and added them to the green tractor and layered it over the yellow tractor for the smoke stack thingy and the steering wheel. I think it gives the illusion of a John Deere. I stamped the clouds from the Treehouse set, Go Green, and filled it in with my versamarker and again embossed with white. I love the look of the clouds. The red layer is pierced for a little more dimension. I like my happy little farm. What do you think?

1 comment:

Terri said...

How cute Karen! I have a friend that is a John Deere dealer and he would get a kick out of this card.
Have a great day friend!
Terri