Monday, March 3, 2008

My inspired card


And so this is the card I came up with.


I thought the new cuttlebug embossing folder, Distressed Stripes, could mimic the picket fence headboard, and I think it worked beautifully. I am so happy with the result. I embossed the blue card stock, then ran my white craft ink pad over it and then embossed with white embossing powder. The roses on the headboard and on the wall also stood out to me, so I stamped a rose image and distressed it a little bit with the itty bitty backgrounds stamp. I used my wonderful watercolor crayons to color the image. I punched it out with the scallop circle punch and sponged the edges with the regal rose ink. I then punched out a backing scallop circle from the regal rose card stock and used direct to paper from my white craft pad around the edges to soften that color a bit. I added a little bow of blue gingham ribbon as seen on the bed cover and mounted that onto my card base.


I added my sentiment in the hardware frame and added the pink brads, just for fun. What do you think? Did I capture the look of the room?

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

This is beautiful for this challenge. I love the background. Joan