Saturday, March 8, 2008

Little Ladybug







I am going to my grand niece's first birthday party today. I got her the cutest little outfit, a serving dish, flatware and a cup with ladybugs on them. So of course I needed a card to go with the gift. Treehouse stamps has this cute little ladybug stamp which will be released March 28th, so I am giving you a sneak peek!




This card measures 2-1/2X3 inches.








The ladybug is a new Treehouse stamp which will be released March 28th. Isn't she cute?




I stamped her with black craft ink, and clear embossed, then colored in the black spots. Unfortunately I smeared that and that is why I cut away the right side of the front of the card. I am actually glad I made the mistake. I like it this way, and it left room to add the mini ladybugs up the side. They are in the Treehouse stamps Spring mini set which is on sale now! I stamped the flower portion again with the black craft ink, clear embossing on Summer Sun paper and cut it out and covered the red flower that was with the image. I wanted the wing to be a flap, so I stamped the image again, cutting out just the wings and added a tiny piece of clear acetate as a hinge and adhered it to the already stamped image. I love how that turned out. It is so cute irl.




I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Smelanie said...

How adorable!

"Stampin' Up"... I have never heard of this. Thanx for the intro! :)