Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday - Inspiration!



Hello everybody! Well, I'm pretty much talking to myself, but that's okay. lol


Today I made a card using an inspiration piece posted by Stef on SCS. It is a beautiful bracelet. Oh wait, I know, I'll attach the photo of it. Well, I was inspired by all the beautiful shades of blue in the sea glass. I love those soft blue colors, so I went with that for my card. I don't have any shells or images like that in my stamp collection. Hmmmm, I see a void I may need to fill. lol
The card base is Cool Caribbean, with the birds and swirls cuttlebug folder. I used the negative effect technique from Monday with cool caribbean ink brayered inside the folder and onto soft sky cs. It is such a soft and lovely look. The heart and always are stamped with versamark onto soft sky and clear embossed and mounted onto cool caribbean. I think I've told you before how much I love clear embossing! ; ) The polka dot layer is a piece of the soft sky dp. I added a few pearls and ribbon and here you go. What do you think of my seaside charm card? Did I capture the feeling in the inspiration piece?

5 comments:

jjcreations said...

This is so beautiful! Joan

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Great job Karen, very pretty!

Liz Williams said...

Checking out a few blog this AM.Loved this card for the inspiration challenge. It topped the charts!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is an absolutely stunning card. Fabulous job!

Sarosa said...

This is stunning! It has a feel of a nordic winter or something. Very original looking; I'd steal the idea if I owned a cuttlebug! :-)