Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life is just a chair of bowlies!


That saying has always made me smile, as I think this card will make you smile. I made it for a friend's mother who has just been diagnosed with leukemia. Not a pretty thing to look forward to, but if this card helps take her mind away from it for even a second, it will be well worth it.

I stamped the cherries onto shimmery white cs and cut them out. Then I added red glitter. I used my white gel pen to add highlights on the cherries. The tag they are mounted on is white cs. I inked up the negative side of my cuttlebug swiss dot folder with real red ink and ran it through. I love the look, but wish the ink had been a bit darker. Oh well, it is what it is. I mounted that on the green side of the dp and then onto real red card stock. It was a little boring so I added what I like to call, Faith dotting. Faith Hofrichter adds lots of dots in this manner to her creations, and since it is for her Mom, I thought it very fitting. lol Hi Faith! The sentiment is stamped in red then I Faith dotted the outer edge with a red marker, added a red mat and dotted it with the white gel pen. I love the hardware with the red brads, don't you? Added our lovely red gingham ribbon and a bow to the tag and the sentiment and voila - a cheery card!!! Oops, forgot to mention I ran the red cs base and the designer paper (SU's Summer Picnic through the swiss dot cuttlebug folder too. I love that folder. It is one of my very favorites! So, do you think this will bring a smile? I sure hope so!

No comments: