Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Olive brown and vanilla

I wanted to try this color combo on another card, so I created this one:

CC327

I think I started channeling my friend Kittie. wink wink

First I stamped the chicken wire bg using brown ink, then I inked, off-stamped the leaf vine and stamped several times. Next I inked the stamp again and stamped two more times with full strength ink and then clear embossed. This really gave the vine a lot more dimension.Then came the Kittifying where I added the punched fronds and then the brown flowers. I added stickles to the centers of the flower. I also added the flourish from using Spellbinders Fleur de Lis accents to the lower corner. That panel is matted with brown before adding to the green card. The image is stamped with brown ink onto vanilla card stock, then cut/embossed with Spellbinders Labels ten and I stamped through the die using the same leaf vine stamped off once. I added markers and AtYou spica pens to the edge of the sentiment panel and popped it up onto the card front. A small bow of ribbon and it was finished.


In case you can't read the sentiment, it says: Sorrow looks at yesterday
Worry looks at today
Faith looks at tomorrow

Stamps: Rubbernecker Chicken Wire bg 58-01, Leaf Vine 537-10, Sorrow Looks at Yesterday 582-17

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: