Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Keep on track!

I really like the new stamp set – All Aboard – released by Mark’s Finest Papers this month. This scene stamp can be colored and looks really wonderful, but I used it today by simply stamping it with the brown ink and cutting into the one inch tiles. I then mounted them just a bit away from each other onto a green square and then embossed that with the Sizzix bricked folder. I then sponged a little more of the brown ink on to distress and bring out the embossed brick pattern.

All abaord tiled

That square is mounted onto the brown. The card front is vanilla, but I smudged it so had to distress it by sponging. Trust me, it was a good boo boo as it really looks better. I then added the tracks at the bottom of the card and the sentiment. I wanted a little ribbon or something on the bottom, but ribbon just didn’t look right, so I stamped some twill tape with another stamp from the set  - the rail road crossing stamp, knotted it, and attached to the tracks.

Thanks for stopping by once again. Please come back soon.

Hugs,

Karen

Stamps: Mark’s Finest Papers All Aboard

No comments: