Saturday, August 28, 2010

VSN card

I created this card for my VSN challenge on SCS using a smoosh technique.


I placed several drops of three different re-inkers (Distress: Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw and Tattered Rose) onto a non-stick craft sheet, then misted with water and gold shimmer mist. I smooshed two tags into the inky mess and then dried with my heat gun. I wish you could see the beautiful shimmer, but the photo just doesn't pick it up.


I stamped the camellia (from Mark's Finest Papers Apples & Camellia) onto the smaller tag with Rose Red pigment ink and clear embossed, then cut out. That was mounted onto a shimmery cs shape cut/embossed with Spellbinders Labels Five. The 5-1/2" square card front is imagine from Kaisercraft. I cut/embossed a piece of the smooshed tag using Spellbinders Lattice borderabilities and the green layer is Lotus Borders Petites borderabilities. I also cut another layer of the smooshed tag and cut with Martha Stewart Arched Lattice punch for the bottom of the card front. The ribbon behind the image panels is the beautiful silk ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon store. I stamped the sentiment (from Apples & Camellia) using the Rose Red pigment ink and clear embossing.

No comments: