Friday, August 20, 2010

No WAY!

I can't believe how neglectful I've been of my blog! A whole week has gone by without updating it and sharing something new with you. Well, it has been a busy week so I haven't done as much stamping as I usually do. I did stamp late last night to create this quick, clean and simple card.

I just go this old Stampin' Up! set called Terrific Tulips (thanks Wendy) and wanted to use it. It is a classic in my opinion. I mean, how can you go wrong with these lovely tulips? You just can't - they always look good.


For this card I inked the first tulip shape using Cameo Coral ink and stamped directly onto the barely banana card front. I then inked the second stage of the tulip with the same ink and by adding it over the top of the first one, it is naturally a bit darker. I love how easy it is to create all that dimension. The stems are added using certainly celery ink. I inked the Sanded bg stamp using So Saffron ink and stamped right over the image. I like the effect. I then inked the sentiment stamp (from Rubbernecker) using the Cameo Coral ink once again and added it - not straight but at an angle. I like this difference too.

Thanks for stopping by. Please come again soon!

3 comments:

marilynprestonn said...

It's just so pretty Karen. Love the tulips and the sentiment crossing the image like that. Cool effect, and of course the sanded background, one of my faves. :) Thank you for the inspiration.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the new profile photo!! You are looking awesome Karen!! LOVING this card too!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise Marzec said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the texture behind the flowers!

....and I just have to say, WTG on the weightloss. You look awesome!