Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy Birthday cake



This card is not the usual shape, is it? It has a hinge on the left side. To create this card, I folded my green cs and then cut/embossed it with Spellbinders Labels Ten, making sure the fold was just inside the cutting line on the side. The pink layer was also cut using the next smaller die in the set and embossed with Cuttlebug's Happy Birthday folder. The cake is just strips of the green cs which was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder. The icing is made from strips of pink cs punched with the MS arched lattice punch. I added rhinestones for a little bling and the candle on the top. The sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers Flourishes and Frame set was stamped onto white cs with pink ink and backed with pink. I just cut the end with scissors. It is attached with a foam square and I bumped it up in the center a bit before attaching it near the end. Isn't this fun?

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon.

No comments: