Friday, August 27, 2010

Challenges and stamping fun!

Today there were several different challenges on SCS for VSN. lol Do you have any idea what that means? lol Luckily, I do. Here are my creations for today's challenges.

This challenge was to stamp an image of foods you enjoy in the summer. Well, when I was a kid growing up on a little farm with apple trees all around me, we would start eating apples as soon as they were the size of a walnut and continue all summer long. These were summer apples, of course and oh so delicious!

I stamped my apple (from MFP's Apples & Camellia) onto white cs and inked the butterfly and the sentiment with markers so I could add the red too. And what is more summery than red gingham tablecloths for picnics? That's why I added the gingham ribbon. Red buttons, just for fun. The card front is embossed with the Cuttlebug swirls folder.

The next challenge was to create a window in your card. The mum stamp was inked with markers before stamping and then I colored in the vase with a Copic marker then cut/embossed with Spellbinders Labels Ten. I also cut the dp in the same shape to mat the image. I punched out the shape from the card front and framed it with the hardware and added the ribbons. This is the outside:
and the inside:
This is a sneak peek of a new set being released Sept. 7 from Mark's Finest Papers called Thankful Mums & Pumpkin.

This challenge was to create a bg paper using the Cuttlebug Wax Paper Resist technique. What fun that was, even if I did have to pull out the iron to do it. You just emboss a piece of wax paper in the CB folder and then sandwich it between two pieces of glossy cs and iron. Remove the wax paper and sponge on the ink color. Don't you love the look of that alligator skin in the bg panels? I created that with the wax paper cuttlebug resist technique and the Cuttlebug animal print folder. What fun! I inked it with Forest Moss distress ink. The alligator image is stamped with Always Artichoke ink and cut/embossed using Spellbinders Mega Oval die, and sponging the edges. The card is kraft.

Now this is my favorite, but don't tell the others! lol This challenge was to create a card using something that reminds you of camping in the summer time.

Hee hee hee, don't you just love it? This is one of the memories I have of going camping. SKUNKS! PPPPPPPP UUUUUUUU! We would run over them and that odor would linger on and on with us as we continued down the road for miles and miles. The little critters would also come and visit the camp sites and go through the garbage. Yikes! We stayed far away.

For my card, I stamped the image of the skunk (a sneak peek of a new set being released in Sept. 7) onto white cs and cut/embossed using Spellbinders Oval. I then added the dots around the border. That is popped up onto another oval and the sentiment stamped in a slight curve to match the oval shape. It's so easy to do that with the clear stamps! Fun! The black and white color combo is perfect for the tree bard too, so I stamped that and matted that panel with black and then onto white. I embossed that panel with the woodgrain cuttlebug folder. The card front is black and also embossed with the woodgrain folder. I had to add a little sweetness and I did that with the black and white gingham bow.

I hope you like all my creations. Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to leave a comment too!

Hugs,
Karen

1 comment:

Jilly Bean said...

The skunk one is cute! I adore the alligator card! Cute!