Friday, August 6, 2010

Paper Roses


Very similar to yesterday's card, don't you think? lol That's because this was a failure from yesterday that I tweaked to make this one.

I created it for Joan's Gardens challenge to created a pink and white card. She asked that we use a Martha Stewart corner punch on four corners of it, but I don't have any! Can you believe that? So, I made do with what I did have and that was Spellbinders Eyelet borderabilities.

See those lovely paper roses? They are full roses and quite bulky, but they are what I had. Hmmmm, how can I use them on this card without all the bulk? I cut them in half with my big old scissors and they didn't even fall apart! Wooo hooo. I used my trusty hot glue gun to glue them to the card, twisted the wire stem and added the ribbon. Oh yeah, the ribbon was a little too pale of a pink, so I airbrushed it with my Copic marker to darken it a little. Worked great!

The card front is airbrushed with Copic markers using Spellbinders Flowers Silhouette Impressabilties as a stencil. The bottom is cut with the Martha Stewart Garden Trellis punch. The white sentiment layer is stamped with the sentiment in pink and cut/embossed with the Spellbinders Eyelet borderabilities. I added pearls to each corner.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you like what I came up with.

6 comments:

Lesa said...

So soft and pretty!!! Love this! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely.

Anonymous said...

oooooh how delicate. Great layout and attention to details.
Colleen Horner

Rufus said...

Brilliant idea to cut the roses in half!
R/

Joan Fricker said...

Karen, This is beautiful. I never thought about using the air brush with the Impressabilties. Great idea and it gives such a soft look to the card. Your corners are perfect too.!

Thanks so very much for playing Joan's Gardens #9 Challenge. This is so much fun!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

They are so pretty and girlishly Great:)