Thursday, June 12, 2008

We moved, yes we did!

I don't know if anyone is interested, but here is what has been going on in my life the past little while! So, we closed on our house last Tuesday, June 3. I did the final walk through with my realtor. Well, the house was empty, but so not clean. I mean these people left their doggy doo in the back yard, the floors were filthy, the oven really, really dirty, the refrigerator hadn't even been wiped out, the dust on the blinds was thick, let me just tell you. You get the idea. Ewwww, who wants to clean up the house before you can even move in? I don't. I always knock myself out cleaning out my crud when I move out of a house. I wasn't too happy, and neither was my realtor. He was very generous though and hired a cleaning service to come and clean it the next day. They did a pretty good job, but you know, you just have to do your own thing too. At least it was better than it had been. But they left the doggy doo, unfortunately.

The previous owners didn't leave us the code to the security system. I'm still trying to get that. It doesn't really matter, unless we actually want to use it! lol

So I had the carpets cleaned and then we moved to our new home last Thursday. The water here is harder than a rock, so we had a water conditioning system installed a couple of days ago. As the plumber was hooking up the RO system in the kitchen, he said, "Hmmmm, that's odd. Do you get hot water when you turn on the tap here?" I said that I did, then he said, "but the dishwasher is hooked up to the COLD line." Well, that's ridiculous! So, I turned on the dishwasher and filled it and then felt the water. Guess what! It was cold! This house is 2-1/2 years old. Do you think the previous owners even knew that they didn't have hot water in the dishwasher? Oh for heaven's sake. This guy said it is a complicated job, not just switching the hoses. Okay . . . so, we have to get another plumber to come and fix it. Add that to the to-do list.

So, it is June and we live in Phoenix. It's hot! So we called an air conditioner service just to come and check out the system. Well, he found oil all over the motor and said it is just a matter of time before it overheats and binds up and burns out the compressor! Oh yeah! I believe I mentioned that this house is only 2-1/2 years old! Okay, so that is about $400 to replace. Well, we are supposed to have a home warranty on this place, so I called my realtor. I have yet to hear back from him about it. Oh goody! So, we are gambling a bit here and hoping the thing doesn't burn out before we can take advantage of this marvelous home warranty. It had better pay off!

Other than these few annoyances, I am liking my new home and have actually found most of the things I need to survive and be comfortable. I did have a time finding my camera to post a photo of my project today, but I finally did find it - in the kitchen JUNK drawer! lol But at least I found it.

If you've read through all this, you deserve a medal. lol I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!!! Y'all come back now, hear?

1 comment:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

where's my medal? :)

That is crazy! I can't believe what problems that house has when it is only 2 1/2 yars old. Our house is the same age and I hope we don't have any problems. I am pretty sure our diswasher has hot water. The dishes come out super hot, so it's hot water, right? :) Wouldn't the inspector catch the air conditioning thing? Guess not. If we ever get this house sold, sure makes me think twice about buying a used house. Buying a home is so scary. I'm glad you like it though after those annoying things. It is beautiful so that makes up for it, right?