Monday, June 23, 2008

I've almost caught up!


So, this is my last catch up post.

I made this card for the Featured Stamper challenge, spotlighting Diane, aka Lost in the 60's. What a fine stamper she is! It was such a treat to browse through her gallery and choose a beauty to case.

This is the card I came up with.

For the main image I used the generation stamping technique. That is to stamp the image repeatedly without reinking. It really adds depth. Well, that just wasn't enough for me, so I stamped the outline of the image a few more times with versamark and clear embossed. I'm sure you find that hard to believe. It seems to be my favorite technique, doesn't it? lol Well, it added just the right touch to this image. Diane's creation had brads in the four corners, but I still haven't located all my brads, so I made faux brads. I really wanted to keep this monochromatic and I think it works. I did a little Faith dotting around the outer layer of the main image too. The background is stamped with Sanded and French Script. Nope, no cuttlebugging this time. The luscious satin ribbon is the icing on the cake, don't you think? I love the richness of this creation. What do you think?

No comments: