Monday, June 23, 2008

BWC#12



I made this card for Ashley's Brain Wave Challenge for the week. Check it out on her blog. http://www.ashleyscreativecorner.com/

I used stamps from the Treehouse American Dream set. Good news!!!! It is on special thru July 4th!!!!! It is such a cute set, with the little children holding either a flag or a sparkler! I used the sparklers for the fire works on my card. How do you like the double colors on the stars. So easy to do with markers. I just inked the star with red and then used the blue marker around the edges. I think it gives a great look to the stars, don't you? I embossed the fireworks with white, irridescent ice and gold embossing powders.

Happy 4th to all of you!

2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Awesome take on the challenge Karen!!! Love this patriotic card! And it WAS a great idea to use the markers for the two toned stars!

Ann said...

Great take on this sketch Karen!! Love the patriotic touch and how you combined it with the special!!