Monday, June 23, 2008

Playing with color!



Isn't color powerful? Different color combinations are so exciting. Don't they inspire you?

This one is using Kraft, Soft Sky (blue) and black.

I began with my center flower. I stamped it with black craft ink and then heat embossed with clear. I find this much easier than using black embossing powder. That makes such a mess and I find little bits of it all over areas I didn't want embossed. So, forget about it! lol On this flower, I used my craft knife to cut out the center of the petals. I then took the little sentiment stamp from this set and made my own background paper for the kraft colored scalloped square. I really like how that turned out, and I like how that color shows through the flower, which I mounted with dimensionals. That was mounted onto the black to really make it pop. The soft sky background was embossed with swiss dots and I used a black marker to just highlight that edge a smidge, then mounted it onto kraft to repeat that color one more time. I added the black gingham ribbon and a scrap of organdy ribbon and here you have it. Whatdayathink?

Thanks for stopping by. Come again soon!

No comments: