Monday, June 23, 2008

Ric Rac or Rick Rack???? You decide!


So the ways to use it challenge on SCS was to use that trim stuff on your creation. Well, I went straight to Wikipedia to find out the correct spelling and guess what! They like it spelled either way. Whew! No incorrect spelling for anyone! lol

I seem to reach for blues this week, so here is one more. I cuttlebug embossed the largest portion of my background card stock and using the same color ink, ran that over the embossing to catch those edges a bit. I then ran a strip of paper trim up the edge and layered on the ric rac. Isn't it pretty?

For the main image and the tag I reached for my favorite, clear embossing powder once again. For the bird panel, I sponged around the outside edge and using some of the ink from the lid, I watercolored it in for a bit more emphasis. Don't you like that? I really like the look. I then mounted that panel and the tag with vanilla card stock, and I added a snip of organdy ribbon to the tag. I then heated it with my heat gun for a bit of dimension.

There you have it - another blue card!

No comments: