Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Two challenges on one card

I didn't get to stamp yesterday, so I combined two challenges on this card.



This technique is called Easel Card, as it folds flat to mail, but you can open it and stand it up. I love displaying cards, so this is a great solution, don't you think?

I stamped the baroque motif onto white cs, then mounted it onto Bermuda Bay and then seemingly a chocolate layer, but it is actually just strips of the chocolate added to the edges. I didn't want to add that much more bulk to the card. Under that is a layer of SU!'s Apricot Appeal dp. I then added a double bow of white organdy ribbon. The inside has a jeweled brad to hold the card front in place for display. I left the inside plain, other than the little strip of dp to coordinate with the front, so that there is room for adding a sentiment.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and please come back soon!

No comments: