Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall is in the air!

When I woke up yesterday, the house was actually cooler than I have my thermostat set! Woooooo hoooooo, coolness without air conditioning! I love it.

This card is so Autumn, I thought it would share it with you. I designed this card for a class I am doing at Scrapbooks to Remember on Tuesday, Oct. 6. I hope the ladies will enjoy making this card.




For this card I used this gorgeous paper from The Paper Company. It is actually a shimmery paper, which isn't really captured in the photo. You'll have to take my word for it. I cut the cardstock 4 1/4 X 11 and folded in half to make the card. Next I cut/embossed the largest leaf from Spellbinders Nested Maple Leaf die set in the card front. Psssst - It is only available until the end of November, so if you don't have it yet, you'd better get it! The inside of the card (the other side of the paper) is a shimmery bronze color, which is pretty hard to color on, so I cut a piece of Prism smooth cardstock 4 X 5 1/4 and attached it inside the card. Next I stamped the Hero Arts image and sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink before coloring with Copic markers. The flourishes were inked with Tsukineko Brilliance inks in Chocolate and the leaves with Rocket Red Gold. Ooooo, these inks are gorgeous. They really do shimmer.

Happy Fall Y'all. I'm enjoying this beautiful time of year. Well, it's beautiful here in Phoenix! We had to put up with more than 100 days in triple digits to get here, so we so deserve it!

Thanks for stopping by. Please visit again soon!

1 comment:

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

I love how this turkey card turned out:) I like how the window frames
it. I really like the stamp too!!