Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!


Today is world card making day. Now that's my idea of a good day! But then again, most every day is card making day for me! lol

Here is a card I created for the occasion. Another Christmas card to add to my collection. I really need to send some of them out this year! lol

The Santa image is from Stampers Anonymous. I inked it with real red ink and then touched a Memento chocolate brilliance pad on it here and there before stamping it onto Vanilla cardstock. Then to distress: I used tea dye distress ink as well as close to cocoa and chocolate chip sponged and smooshed. I distressed the edges with my fingernail and then really inked it with the sponge as well. The top corner was turned down. To do this, I used my bone folder to soften the cardstock (use your thumb to scrape it, as if you were curling ribbon with scissors) and then rolled the corner down. I did the same to the chocolate chip layer. I then stamped the sentiment onto the ribbon using the Brilliance Chocolate ink and let it dry. dum dee dum dee dum - patience. Then I distressed it a bit with more of the tea dye and chocolate ink and a sponge. I mounted it onto the image panel and used brads on each end. Now I attached it to the real read card front which was also sponged with the inks to distress it a bit, gluing away from the edges a little so that the edges stand up just a tad for more dimension. Hmmmm, that corner looked a little bare, so I used a snowflake which was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Snowflake Borderabilities petite die template. Of course it was sponged as well.

So there you have it. I hope you enjoy my creations. I really appreciate you stopping by and I love hearing from you!

Hugs,
Karen

No comments: