Thursday, October 1, 2009

High Heels

Do you love high heels? I do! I created this card for a class I am teaching on Monday, Oct. 5 at Scrapbooks to Remember in Anthem.

I used Core'dinations Black Magic cardstock for this card. Have I ever mentioned how much I love that stuff? It makes such loveliness when you emboss it, or crinkle it and then sand it to reveal the color from behind. It's delicious.


I used Spellbinders Lattice borderabilities on the right edge. I cut/embossed it and then sanded the detail to bring it out. In fact, I sanded the whole card front to show a bit of the rose color from the back. I then stamped the shoe (from Hero Arts) using Memento black ink on the reverse side of another piece of a lighter pink Core'dinations cardstock. I used clear embossing powder and heat embossed before coloring with a Copic Marker. I then cut/embossed it using Spellbinders Labels Five die. I cut the black side of the paper, using the same size die for just a little touch of a black mat. Now take your small detail scissors and trim off the embossed edge of the pink shoe label and adhere it to the black one. I then cut/embossed the rose side of the cardstock using Spellbinders Petite Ovals Large and mounted the shoe panel a little low onto the oval, using 3D foam squares. I mounted it a little lower so that I could put the ribbon detail on the top of the oval. Adhere the oval to the left side of the card front, and voila! a most lovely card.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share this fun card with you.

1 comment:

Rufus said...

Love it! Can't wear 'em, but love the card.
R/