Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Step by step

Double Aperture Triangle Fold Box


You can create these boxes in any size you wish. They are great for small treats or gifts like jewelry.

Supply list:
Spellbinders Nesting Pine Tree S4-220
Spellbinders Holiday Cheer S4-225
Color Core Cardstock by Core’dinations
Green Shimmer Paper by The Paper Company
Ribbon by Creative Impressions
Brad by Creative Impressions
Holiday Tags Stamp Set by Hero Arts
Smooch Moonlight by Colorbox
Glitter Winter Frost by Colorbox
Clear envelope
Clear embossing powder
Dark Green pigment ink


For this sample, cut a piece of cardstock 6 X 12”. Score at 6” and fold. Mark center of each end (3”) and score from that mark to the edge of center fold on each side, creating a triangle. Do this to both ends of the cardstock. Fold on scored lines.





Position die template on front of box, centering in triangle created by folds. Use repositionable tape to hold in place. Cut/emboss.




Cut a triangle just slightly smaller than the one created for the front of the box from the lighter green cardstock.

Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the edges of the lighter cardstock and adhere to the inside of the box. Position smaller tree die template onto lighter green cardstock and cut/emboss.







Cut a piece of acetate to cover the opening and adhere to the inside of the box. I actually used part of a clear envelope.



Fold along center and bring sides together, overlapping front over back. Mark position about ½” from top and centered and punch hole through all layers. Do the same on the other side.



Cut/emboss stocking from shimmery green cardstock. If desired, use Smooch to highlight the snowflakes, heel and toe and add glitter. Stamp front of box. Use brad to attach stocking to box front.

Fill with your small gift or treat.



Thread 16” length of ribbon through the holes, beginning at the outside of one side, through both layers, and from the inside to the outside on the other side. Tie ribbon into bow.




I hope you will try this fun little project. I know you will love it.

Hugs,
Karen

7 comments:

Lolo said...

Oh my! Thats so stinkin cute! I love it! I hope I get one for christmas! *wink* =D

Sue (suen) said...

Karen, this is a fabulous design! I LOVE it! And some very nice person helped me get the nesting trees, so I can create some super cool containers, too!!

Karen said...

I'm always happy to enable! Hee hee hee

DB said...

What a cute window box! Thanks for the detailed instructions!

Margie Higuchi said...

Great tutorial!!
Definitely have to do this and add on my tree!
Thanks for helping me out! xo

Janine said...

Great little project!! I love making these!

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Supper Cutie Box:)