Today I made a faux button to match my card. It really is easy, just takes a little patience, which I am not good at. lol Punch out five layers of cardstock (it doesn't have to be anything grand) and one punch out of your designer paper. Glue the layers together with the dp on top. Allow to dry (this is the patience part). I could have let mine dry a bit longer. Once dry, sand the edges to make them "one" and give a better appearance of a button. I colored the edge of my button with a black sharpie. Then punch holes. I used the crop-a-dile as it easily punches through multiple layers. Then cover top entirely with crystal effects, being careful to leave your holes open. PATIENTLY allow this to dry thoroughly, or if you are like me, let it dry most of the way and then move on. lol I used black embroidery floss to tie onto my button. Here is something I learned just a bit too late - I marked the holes on the back of my button and punched. Then I turned it over and noticed the buttons weren't level and where I would have wanted them with this pattern of paper. Most patterns probably wouldn't even matter.
The piano image is from a friend, Dawn Mercedes. I used Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink on the edges and mounted it onto black. The right side of the Bravo Burgundy card front is embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile Texture folder. The music panel is mounted on black cs as well. It is a fairly simple card, but takes time and patience.
Now I seriously need to take some time to clean up my stamp room! It has gotten really bad and I am losing things. lol It's gonna take a while.
Thanks for stopping by!