Thursday, June 18, 2009

Still waiting . . .

It still isn't ready and it's challenging to get anything done in my craft room right now. There are wires draped over my keyboard while the process continues. But I couldn't leave you hanging with nothing new to look at - so -

This card is showcasing a hostess stamp from the new SU! catalog. Yes, a sneak peek. I used markers to ink up the stamp for this fun effect. I then cut/embossed it with the Spellbinders classic scalloped rectangle before mounting it onto ruby red card stock. The other panels are embossed with different cuttlebug folders and mounted onto the designer paper.

For this next card, I used colors suggested by the color challenge, and surprisingly I like the combo. What do you think of it? The sentiment is stamped with Baja Breeze ink. I added the three red brads to balance the top of the card. The bottom panel is embossed with the cuttlebug textile texture folder and the top edge punched with the EK success Fleur de lis border punch. I backed that edge with the baja breeze card stock which was embossed with swiss dots. It's a very simple card and one that might actually go through the mail easily. lol No one wants to pay extra postage, right?



Well, that's all I have for you today. Thanks for stopping by and I love reading your comments.

Hugs,
Karen

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Karen, these cards are very nice! Have a wonderful day! :)

Cindy H. said...

Both of these cards are pretty. I like the way you combined two different embossed patterns on each.

Connie M. said...

These are just so very pretty, Karen!! Love how you inked your flower!! Congrats on the new laptop too!!