Thursday, June 11, 2009

Off to bed - can I sleep in?????

Yeah, right. I wish! I just can't sleep in. What happened? I used to as a kid, but . . . no more! If I'm still in bed at 7 AM, someone needs to hold a mirror under my nose to see if I'm breathing! lol Well, I'm going to try to sleep in tomorrow anyway. Wish me luck!

Oh yeah, the card. I'm not usually a fan of blue roses, but the challenge on SCS was to use shades of blue, green, grey and neutrals (sand and water, ya' know!). So, I stamped the rose with versamark ink and clear embossed, then I wet the card stock quite a bit and floated some color onto it with my aqua pen. It's a pretty cool technique, but I'm not sure the blue rose shows it off the best. I cut the rose out and then curled the edges of the petals. It is mounted onto the Pacific Point which is cut/embossed with the Spellbinders Labels One die and also embossed with the Flowers Impressabilities. It's pretty hard to see in the photo. The organdy ribbon was also colored slightly with the Pacific Point ink before being heated and mounted onto a strip of the card stock and onto the Sahara Sand layer. The image panel is attached with rhinestone brads, then I pierced along the edges of the ribbon panel. The sentiment is stamped with the Pacific Point ink and cut/embossed with Spellbinders Petite Ovals LG and then onto a panel cut/embossed with the Spellbinders Labels Four dies. The corners of the Sahara Sand layer are punched with the wrought iron punch and that is mounted onto the Pacific Point card stock.

All righty then, I'm off to bed. My eyelids are getting heavy, I'm getting sleepy, my body is heavy and I'm dozing off! Well, that's the plan anyway.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Very pretty! I really like the technique you did on the rose, the shading looks fantastic and it's a very soft look. Hope you have a Great weekend!

Connie M. said...

This is so pretty, Karen!! Love the soft look to this card, and the corners!