Friday, July 22, 2011

Red Roses

Do you love red roses? Who doesn’t?

F4A74

I stamped my single leaf rose twice using white pigment ink and embossing with white embossing powder. I wanted them to stand out just a little, so I colored them in just a bit with a Copic marker which is just a bit darker than the paper. Next I cut/embossed the panel using Spellbinders Labels Nineteen and popped that up onto Spellbinders Parisian Motifs cut/embossed from white. The card front is embossed with the Sizzix damask folder. I added the ribbon and - voila. A simple yet elegant card.

I upgraded my bow maker! If you remember I had used a block of styrofoam, but it was a pretty soft one and wasn’t holding up very well. So, I got out the old power drill and a little block of wood and created this one. Easy peasy! I just drilled six holes in my block of wood at intervals of about 1/4” or so. I cut a bamboo skewer into short lengths and I can  put them into the holes according to the size of bow I want to make. It works so well and if you have a hard time making bows, this is the answer! Seriously, it’s great!

Not pretty – yet! Hmmm, maybe I need to decorate it and make it gorgeous. Yeah, I can do that!

007_edited-1

No comments: