Thursday, November 4, 2010

Speaking of snowflakes!


Okay, so no one was speaking of snowflakes, but I needed a segway here. lol

I used the same sketch for yesterday's card for this one, keeping it monochromatic for that frosty look. What do you think? Does it look frosty? The biggest card front panel was inked with versamark ink and adding more of the iridescent ice embossing powder to not only the snowflakes but to all the edges as well. I like how that looks.

The images of the snowflakes are stamped with versamark onto the light blue card stock and embossed with iridescent ice embossing powder before mounting each panel onto white card stock. For the snowflake embellishment, I embossed a square onto a scrap of white cs before punching the snowflake (two layers) and adding the rhinestone brad to the center.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back tomorrow to see my Christmas Cactus!

2 comments:

MariLynn said...

Snowflake card from down in the valley of the sun. It is gorgeous. I love the monochromatic look. When I was teaching in the valley,in the early 90's the principal came onto the classroom intercoms and told us to take the kids outside so that they could see snow. There were snowflakes falling but melting before they hit the ground. Living in Iowa now, I tell my kids that story and they laugh at the thought of going outside to see snowflakes in the air.

Francie G. said...

Beautiful snowflake creation, Karen! Love the blues!