Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas Cactus


Living in Phoenix, this is the state Christmas tree. Just kidding! But some people do put lights on the cactus around here. I'm not a big fan of cactus. I like to stay as far away from it as possible.

I inked the image with markers before stamping. I then embossed the star with gold embossing powder. I also colored in the image with Copic markers, then added stickles to the lights and to the star. It really sparkles in real life. That image was cut/embossed with Spellbinders Deckled Edge die and mounted onto the green Spellbinders Beaded Oval shape which was airbrushed through the die to bring out the beads. That is popped up onto the old olive card front. The sentiment is stamped with versamark and embossed with gold detail embossing powder.

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooooo fun Karen!! LOVING that cactus!! And I know we will be seeing a lot decorated like that in a few weeks! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jill Ison said...

i know this is going to sound crazy but I love saguaros. not all cacti, just mainly saguaros :) this is a most fabulous card!!!!