Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Two cards - one layout

I created two cards that use the same layout. It's a simple layout, so it makes for a fast creation.

This card is really striking because of the sparkle finish papers from Mark’s Finest Papers. It’s so yummy! I stamped the image using versamark ink onto chocolate cardstock and then heat embossing with copper. I used a chocolate marker to go back in and add a few shadows and lines to the basket. I mounted that panel onto two shades of the sparkle paper. Now, here is a little tip – you know you can punch or cut something out of the mat papers and it won’t show. Oh yeah, so I used the Spellbinders Nested Maple Leaf to cut some gorgeous leaves, one of which I used as an embellishment. The other two panels again use that sparkle finish paper and it is embossed with the Swirls Cuttlebug folder. The brown card front is stamped with the same image as used on the main panel with Rich Cocoa Memento ink. I love the sparkle of the copper embossing on the brown.



I couldn't resist using this sketch for a Christmas card too. I love Santa images and this is a great one, even if I could only use part of it.

I stamped the image onto Kraft cs using Vintage Photo Distress ink and then sponging the edges. I mounted that onto black and then red. The panels of dp are also mounted onto black cs. The kraft panel is embossed with Cuttlebug Holly Ribbons folder and mounted onto the red card front. I added the red glitter domes in the top corners.



Thanks for stopping by! I hope your day is a wonderful one!

No comments: