Thursday, September 23, 2010

Starry Christmas Night

I love creating Christmas cards and this is a new one I've come up with using a Stamp Oasis Nativity set from Rubbernecker Stamps. There are lots of images in the set but I only used 3 of them for this card.

I stamped the main image using Memento Rich Cocoa ink, clear embossed on shimmery white cs and then colored with copic markers and watercolor crayons. I then used a Spellbinders circle to cut just the top of the rectangular panel then mounted it onto brilliant blue rectangle. I airbrushed the sky. I added AtYou glitter pens to some areas including the stars. I just drew on the gold stars on the blue. I also added some gems to the stars on the image panel. The lighter purple card front is embossed with the Cuttlebug stars folder. The star panel was stamped onto shimmery white with the star from the set and colored in with the AtYou glitter pen. I stamped the star again, cut it out and popped it up. I also added gems to that star. The cow is also from the set and colored with watercolor crayons and then I airbrushed the star panel and the cow panel. I added the gold rimmed ribbon and . . . that's it.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Karen!!!! I loveeeeeee the stamps you used and love love love that bow! :):):):):):):):):):):):)):):):)

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card! That lil Nativity scene is darling! Cograts in your weight loss! WOW! what an accomplishment- you should be very proud of yourself!!!