Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More sneak peeks!

I want to show you a couple more of the cards I've been making using the new sets being released next Tuesday by Mark's Finest Papers. They are great sets.

This one features the new set Apples & Camellia. I used the Camellia and colored it with Copic markers. I love working with those things. I went to Hobby Lobby on Monday and bought a paper pack to use while I am at my sister's house with my very limited supplies. Nice papers, don't you think? After cutting out the flower, I popped it up on a fancy tag cut/embossed with aSpellbinders die and attaching over the ribbon from Mark's Finest Papers. I made this for an internet friend that just had hip replacement surgery, so I added the Get Well Soon at the bottom. It was cut/embossed using Spellbinders scalloped oval die and then adding color from my Copic's around the edge.


How do you like this one? See those 3D flowers? I made them. Guess what I used! Come on, guess! A dried out antibacterial wipe which I colored with an ink pad and stamped with the Camellia flower before cutting it into a long strip, applying adhesive to one edge and rolling up. I then added more color with my copic marker. The vine and leaves were made the same way. The card front is stamped with the Camellia for a background for the 3D flowers Isn't that pretty? I used Victorian Velvet distress ink. The sentiment is also stamped with the same ink onto white cs and then the green flourish tag was added behind it. I added the oval which was cut with Spellbinders deckled oval and I used the Copic marker around the edge to help it stand out just a little. Layers, layers, layers! I also used the marker around the edge of the whole card. I really like the subtle difference it makes.


For this one I used more of the papers from that pack I bought on Monday. Nice colors, don't you think? I really like them. I stamped the frame from the new set Flourishes & Frame onto the pink, cut/embossed it using Spellbinders circles. Stamped the sentiment and flourish from the same set onto the blue cs and cut/embossed it with another circle die. The panel behind (don't you love those butterflies?) is that same wonderful paper and matted with the pink and the black. The plaid layer is also from the same pack and backed with black. See the little pink butterfly. That is cut from the paper and his wings are popped up to add some dimension.

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations!

1 comment:

Bev Gerard said...

First of all ... you have brought beautiful life to the camelia stamps! Next .... dried up anti-bacterial wipes become a flower???? Puh-leeeeeeeze come visit ... I "need" to sit next to you and just let the inspiration seep over this way!! Oh My Word!!

(((hugs)))
Bev