Monday, July 5, 2010

I've been busy - really I have!

I am spending the week house/dog sitting for my sister while she is on vacation. It is like a vacation for me - her house is like a resort! There is a pool and hot tub and she lives on a lake. Ahhhhh, so nice.

The only drawback is that I had to bring a few stamping supplies - so I don't have access to all my fun toys. Now had I been home, I'm sure these cards would look totally different. I've had to be creative to say the least. Here are some of my creations since being here.

This card was made using a lovely set by Rubbernecker Stamps. I love all the leaves and the words and quotes in this set are delightful. Now please understand, I am working under an extreme handicap right now. lol

I stamped the fern onto white cs using Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss Distress inks. The edges are distressed with my wolverine fingernails. lol That was mounted onto the green cs. I stamped the sentiment using the Forst Moss ink as well and added three little buttons I had to hunt all over my sister's house to find. I didn't bring embellishments!!!!! What? OH NO! The ribbon is from Mark's Finest Papers. I love the gingham ribbons and this is a really nice one. Okay, I think that's it. I'm through whining now. ;-)


For this card I created my own dp with a stamp from this set from Mark's Finest Papers called Flourishes and Frame. The sentiment is also from this set. I'm sorry you can't see how beautiful the green cs is irl. It is a shimmery paper from Mark's Finest Papers and is delicious, for sure. I used Spellbinders dies for the borders and for the embellishment at the corner.



This is the last card I will share with you today. Having so few of my supplies, how can I make a flower using what I have? You know the old saying about necessity being the mother of invention. I gave that the test. Last night I though about it for a while and then headed for bed. You can think in your dreams you know. Thoughts of different techniques were everywhere. So this morning I combined a few I had seen around and came up with my paper posies. They are actually made from an antibacterial wipe (I had some in the car) that I let dry out, then added ink using direct to paper. Next I cut it into a long strip and added adhesive to one edge and started rolling. I added a little more ink with a copic marker and my posie was born. Not too bad. I used the same technique to create the leaves and then rolled a length of the wipe to create the vine.

The card front was stamped with the Camellia from the new set being released by Mark's Finest Papers on July 13th called Apples and Camellia inked with Victorian Velvet Distress ink. I added my vine and flowers. The sentiment (another new set: Flourishes & Frame) is stamped with the same ink onto white cs and added to the green flourish tag from Spellbinders. I had actually stamped the sentiment right on the card front, but didn't like it much so added this over that. But it showed! Oh no! Since we are to be inspired by Carrie's Cakes for the CAS challenge, I thought more layers would be good, so I added a white deckled oval. I chose the cake called hand made white chocolate roses #301 All the white edges are inked with my copic marker. It's a subtle thing, but I really like the difference it makes.

I hope you like my adventure in making do. It is a good exercise in creativity. Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon!

No comments: