Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm seeing stars!!!!!!

The SCS challenge, as well as Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge were to use stars and gold. Well, I may have gone overboard. Nah!!!!!! Not me! lol

Here is the first card I created!

Gold and stars - don't they just go together? The stars are cut using Spellbinders Stars and then stamped with Rubbernecker Flourish Set 1 with versamark ink and then embossed using gold detail ep. The sentiment is stamped onto vellum cardstock and embossed with gold detail ep. I added pearls to cover the adhesive. The card front is embossed with cuttlebug's swirl folder.

Two of my grandsons (brothers) were born on the same day - 3 years apart! lol This is a birthday card for one of them.

This is also for Joan's Gardens challenge: to make a red white and blue card and use an embossing folder. An impressabilities counts, right? It's just hard to see the impression in the photo, but it's there - promise!

The card front is embossed using Spellbinders Diamond and Star Impressabilities and mounted onto red. The stars are cut/embossed using Spellbinders Stars and intertwined. I added a little touch of the striped ribbon.

The sentiment is from a new set being released later this month by Mark's Finest Papers. It actually reads "Happy Birthday Cowboy", but I omitted cowboy for this card. See how versatile your stamps can be! That is embossed with gold ep and cut/embossed with Spellbinders Labels Trio and popped up. I also added a gold brad.

This is a birthday card for the other one. Hmmmm, which gets which? lol

The card front is navy and then I added the strip of dp from Kaiser. I stamped the Rubbernecker sentiment (omitting "tutu you") using versamark and embossing with gold ep. (Rubbernecker is having a holiday sale. Be sure to check the post below for more information!) The star is cut/embossed using Spellbinders stars and mounted onto a square of the reverse side of the paper which was embossed with Cuttlebug's swiss dots folder for a bit o' texture. I added a triple knot of hemp.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by. Have a safe and fabulous 4th of July! God Bless America!

No comments: