Monday, March 15, 2010


For today's first ever Queen For The Day challenge on SCS, I cased Mutnik's card here chick, chick! My rooster is a bit bigger, so I had to change a few things. I didn't use newspaper for the bg as I don't have any around, so I used a Rubbernecker French Script bg stamp, stamped with tea dye distres ink, distressed and smudged with more tea dye and vintage photo distress inks. I stamped the rooster with the vintage photo ink and clear embossed before coloring with Copic markers. The ruby red card front is stamped with the Rubbernecker chicken wire bg stamp and smudged with vintage photo distress ink. I added only one button because of space issues. The "thread" is actually a bit of regular twine which was taken apart to get a smaller bit. The card is Kraft.

I hope you like it. Here's to you Mutnik!

3 comments:

Debi said...

Karen fabulous card but where can I find the challenge? Did I miss something???

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!! karen!!! that rooster is adorable!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Terri said...

Karen, this card is so darn cute. I like how you improvised with the script background in place of the newspaper. Very clever my friend. Could the chicken wire stamped background be more perfect? I think not. Great colors and fun card! TFS