Saturday, March 7, 2009

Make it quick!



Dawn's challenge on SCS was to make a card in less than 30 minutes. Since I made an ATC (artist trading card) on Thursday and didn't know what else to do with it, I used it to create one of my cards for Dawn's challenge. The ATC is the small 2-1/2"X3-1/2" portion on the card. I stamped the blush blossom cardstock with the same color ink using a flower stamp. It is very subtle, but looks good. The sentiment is stamped with Ruby Red ink and mounted onto a small piece of the ruby red card stock and applied to the blush blossom card. I then punched two holes with my handy dandy crop-o-dile and added the ribbon. The gorgeous butterfly is created by reverse embossing the butterfly using a Spellbinders die called Flying Beauties. If you need info on how to do the reverse embossing, just ask. I then watercolored the butterfly, added some dots and then a bit of glue and dazzling diamonds. Butterflies gotta have glitter, right? I added a small half bead for the head. I layered my ATC onto a rectangle of ruby red cardstock which was cut with deckle edge scissors and then embossed with the swiss dots cuttlebug folder. This was all mounted onto a cameo coral card which was embossed with the cuttlebug folder divine swirls.

Fast cards are great, so I created another one. The Almost Amethyst card was created using a Cuttlebug border folder and some lovely designer paper. I added some purple rhinestones to the centers of the flowers and a sentiment with the ribbon through the center, creating the look of a button. I didn't have the right color ribbon, so once again I colored the white organdy ribbon with my marker. Perfect every time!

What do you think?

No comments: