Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Good morning!

Here are a couple of cards I just created. Take a look!




The blue butterfly card was inspired by an ad I saw recently with this beautiful blue butterfly on it. It was really striking, so I tried to capture that with this card. I inked up the Spellbinders butterfly die with brilliant blue craft ink, cut and embossed and then used clear ep and heat embossed. The panel behind it is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. The panels are embossed with D'Vine Swirl cuttlebug embossing folder. The black butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch. I'm likin' the way the blue pops from the black.

I was visiting at my daugther's home and used her new stamps to create the rose card. I stamped the main rose with black craft and clear embossed, then masked it to stamp the other roses. I watercolored them yellow and then added the Riding Hood Red to the main image only to make it pop a bit. I mounted the roses onto black cs and cut around the stamped images, leaving a slight black border before mounting onto the Kraft. The sentiment is stamped with black craft and clear embossed and then I added just a touch of riding hood red before mounting onto the scalloped mat. In honor of my friend Wendy, I dangled the sentiment with black grosgrain, then added an organdy bow which was curled with the heat gun.

I'm thinking of giving away some of my cards on this blog. Blog/Card candy. Is anyone interested?

No comments: