Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm a card maker


and apparently a card hoarder. I didn't send out any Christmas cards this year, though I had made quite a few. Oh well, I thought to myself, I will get busy and send out Valentines. Now I have made several valentines, but did I get any mailed? Well, one I can think of. lol

Alas, here it is Valentine's day and I said to myself, "Self! You need a valentine for your dh!" You must understand - he is my biggest cheerleader. He has really been encouraging me lately and helping me a LOT! So, I got up this morning and made him a valentine before he woke up. I also gave him a shirt and tie I had bought on sale weeks ago, but I saved them for today. hee hee hee, aren't I sneaky? When I gave them to him, he said, "You bought me a gift?" We don't usually give each other gifts, so I really took him off guard. A while later I went out shopping and had this 50% off coupon in my purse calling to me to use it. So, I went to Michael's and bought the lace doily border punch. When I got home I showed it to dh and thanked him again and again for getting me something I wanted! And he even used a 50% off coupon, saving $. What a guy! He laughed! Well, that was a good way to get another punch, and give him credit for it. What a good wife I am. lol

Anywho, here is the card I created for him. I found this beautiful flocked paper by 7 gypsies and thought it would make a great valentine. I tried to keep it more masculine. I also used a card by Sharon (notimetostamp) as inspiration.

I stamped the love with black craft and clear embossed, then colored in the letters with my Stardust clear gelly roll pen from Treehouse stamps. Boy I love the look that gives. Sorry you can't see that very well in the photo, but in real life - mmmmmmm, so nice!

I cut and embossed the scalloped heart with my nesties. The black layer behind was cut with the deckle edge scissor. Since the red on this paper is flocked and oh so nice, I punched out three small hearts from the red flocked area and used one where the hat pin went through the heart (covering up a small tear - er, I mean, using a creative opportunity, another for the o in Love and the last one on the inside near my signature. What do you think? Is it masculine enough?

Oh, and Happy Valentine's day to all of you!

3 comments:

jhet said...

Hi Karen! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your hubby. Your card is of course masculine enough. :) My DH is also my #1 fan and critic! And is very supportive of my hobby. Aren't we so blessed to have them?
Have a nice day! God bless you.

Jilly Bean said...

Great card! I love the harlequin look.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

very manly, good job. That's great you got yourself a gift, with a coupon and something you wanted. I hope you win the contest! I hope you got some sleep too.