Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crafty Secrets Panel


Oh fun, I tackled two challenges with this card. First is the Crafty Secrets challenge. Now I love their products and I've had some of the cotton scraps for a long time. I actually found them today and used one on this card. I used a little batting behind it and did some quilting around the image, as well as stitching along the outside edge. I love the dimension it added. The other SCS challenge today was Julia's and that was to use fabric. Since these panels are fabric - ta dah! A two-fer!

The mat for the fabric panel is cut with deckle edge scissors. I layered two ribbons behind the panel. The sentiment is stamped onto white cs, and then cut and embossed with the Spellbinder's die and then I cut it out by hand on the inside. I then mounted it onto a Perfect Plum die cut and added a jewel. The bg is cuttlebugged with the textile texture folder and inked to bring out the design.

Oooo, I love lilacs. Now I need to scent it to match! Oh yeah!

2 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Very pretty! I love all that purple!

Wendy Hansen said...

That is a beautiful card. Are those the things that we finally found at the scrapbook store in downtown Mesa? Those were really cute.