Monday, February 9, 2009

Almost Amethyst



I really like this color of Almost Amethyst. That's why you get to see two cards made with it. I made the multi butterfly card first, and a scrap was left on my table, so I used it for the friend card.

For the large butterfly card: I used Nestabilities Flying Beauties, I die cut three butterflies from the border piece and layered it onto the white. The swiss dot border was made with the Cuttlebug Just My Type border embossing folders. The main butterfly is also cut and embossed with the Nestabilities and mounted only at the body to give it more dimension. I added the sentiment using versamark and white ep.

For the friend card: I used the Cuttlebug Stylized Flower embossing folder, cutting out a border. It worked quite well for this challenge. The sentiment is stamped with Almost Amethyst and I added a small ribbon and a butterfly which was cut with Spellbinders Flying Beauties. I added a little bit of embossing to the butterfly with my stylus. Clean and Simple, don't you think?

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Very beautiful! I love both of these cards. CAS - my favorite, and my style.