Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm back!!




Oh, I have had such computer problems! I lost a hard drive, but I am back, thanks to my dear son, Ben! Thanks Ben!

Here is my challenge card for today. I absolutely love this image of Santa and thought it was perfect for today's sketch.

I stamped the image with Riding Hood Red ink and distressed the edges. I mounted it onto Bravo Burgundy and then onto basic grey's figgy designer papers. The Bravo Burgundy layer also has irridescent ice snowflakes on it. I wound the ribbon around a pencil and baked it for a few minutes to get the curl, but when I opened the oven - oh what a surprise! I didn't know you could melt a pencil! Well, here's the proof.

Thanks for looking! Have a great week!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Hmmmm, a ribbon curling iron, maybe you're on to something. I wondered where you got a wavy pencil. The card looks great, I do really like the curly ribbon.

Terri H. said...

I've been wondering where you went my friend! Glad to see all is well. I love your Santa card. The image is so cool--just my idea of what Santa should look like! TFS

Ben and Annalee said...

yay for Been! Beautiful card, as always. Cute grands!

HELLO my name is Jill said...

every time I get on your blog I find my new favorite card! me and my mom were just discussing how artistic your cards are.

Nancy said...

What a great card. Love that ribbon! Had no idea the oven could do that to a pencil. ;)