Monday, April 16, 2012

Big Dog Birthday


This background is a new to me technique called Magical Masking tape. You take a length of masking tape and ink the sticky side and apply it to glossy card stock, press down (applying the ink to your card stock) then removing the tape, leaving only the ink. I used two different inks, Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo and applied in stripes. I then stamped over that with the dog image and the Happy Birthday sentiment using black ink. The other sentiment is stamped onto white card stock using the Rusty Hinge ink, matted with black and popped up. I added a small piece of ribbon, knotted in a very masculine way, don't you think? Hee hee hee These stamps are from a new set "Fabulous Dogs" being released tomorrow by Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co. Be sure to come back and enjoy the blog hop!!! You might win a prize!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very interesting background! When you adhered the inked masking tape to the glossy did you leave the sticky side up?? Inquiring mind wants to know! LOL!

Karen said...

Sorry Carol, I guess that wasn't very clear, was it? I have edited my post. You actually apply the ink to your card stock with the tape, and then remove the tape.

Ink the sticky side of the tape, apply it to your glossy card stock, pressing down to get a good transfer, then remove the tape, leaving only the ink.

Thanks for your comment and question so I could clarify the technique.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awesome technique! Will have to try this one sometime. Love the background effect it makes. Great with this set too.