Monday, February 20, 2012

Single Leaf Rose on Black




I created this card using white, black and rose colored card stock. The rose stamp was inked with Aged Mahogany distress ink, stamped onto white card stock and colored with Copic markers. I then cut/embossed it using Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three. I added the Want2Scrap pearl nestabling to the fancy tag. I then stamped the stem and leaf again and colored them, cut them out and tucked them under the Fancy label which is popped up with foam squares onto the black panel which is embossed with Sizzix Thank You Set 5, matted with white and then attached to the rose card. I stamped the love sentiment onto the white card stock, inked around the edge with the Copic marker and popped it up on the card front. I added a few half pearls to embellish the sentiment panel and tie it to the image panel.

Thanks for looking.

Stamps: Single Leaf Rose, Love Set
Embellishments: Nestabling by Want2Scrap
Tools: Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three, Sizzix Thank You Set 5 embossing folder

2 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Love the way the beautifully colored flower pops against the black. Love all that bling too!!You have my vote!

Karen said...

Thanks Ellen!