Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting my craft on!

I recently visited a home with a gorgeous wreath on the front door. I wanted one! So, I went to Hobby Lobby and found all the flowers were 50% off! Yipee! I started choosing flowers and flowers and flowers. I think I have four different kinds on my wreath. I also chose the berries with the squiggly branches and the pussy willows. They are soooooo cute.

I had the grapevine wreath at home, so I plugged in my trusty old glue gun and got busy. It took me about an hour which I didn't think was too bad and I am thrilled with the results. Now my front door has on it's Easter bonnet. I know lots of the world is still in winter mode, but it will probably hit 80 degrees here today, so I'm feeling springy!

So, yesterday I went to Joann's and found this cute little bunny on sale. I thought my wreath would be a great place for him to rest from all the hopping and digging up carrots. I wired him in place, so, after Easter I can easily remove him - if I want to. I like the wreath with or without! How about you?

Thanks for stopping by!
Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Your wreathe is so pretty. The blooms are full and bright. So cheerful!

MJ said...

Beautiful and perfect for Spring! I've been looking for wreath inspiration lately. Thanks for sharing this!