Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New creations

Here are some cards I've created lately.


This is one of the new stamps just released by Rubbernecker. I inked it using versamark and elegant eggplant ink and stamped onto vanilla cardstock and clear embossed before cutting with deckle edge scissors. The card front is Concord Crush with a punched strip of kraft (crumb cake) adhered before embossing with a Sizzix folder I added some vanilla ribbon. The sentiment (from Garden Shrub Set) is stamped onto vanilla with elegant eggplant ink and punched out, matted with kraft and pearls added.
Stamps: Square ornament 547, Garden Shrub Set 560



I love how this turned out. The iris and sentiment are in a new set from Mark's Finest Papers called Bearded Iris. My mother used to grow iris in our yard and we were both partial to the purple ones. Such beautiful flowers.

I stamped the iris image twice using versmark ink and embossing with gold before coloring with Copic markers. I used a Sizzix folder on the left side of the panel, then wrapped with the ribbon, added a bow and the sentiment which is also embossed with gold, cut/embossed with Spellbinders die and the edges colored with Copic, and a little Krylon gold leaf on the edges.


This card has no stamping, but is bright and colorful and fun. The dp has a lot of different color strips, so it made this card easy. The added flowers are a new SU! punch with a Kaiser scrapbook rhinestone flower added to the center. I then added punched leaves and popped them up. The little butterflies are pumpkin pie with yellow stickles added. A little blue ribbon and - DONE!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Rufus said...

Very pretty cards. I'm partial to Iris myself, yours are lovely.
R/

Bev Gerard said...

Okay, sweet Karen ...
There is just no way that I'm going to choose a fav from these! Love your work, my dear!

~Bev