Monday, April 18, 2011

Alike but different

Today Holly challenged us to make two cards using the same materials but making them different. What a fun thing to do. Here are my two cards. What do you think of the two different looks?



The first card is actually a 5-1/2" square. I stamped the ornament using spun sugar distress ink on white cs, matted with pink and then with brown. I added pink rhinestones and a bow of colored/scrunched seam binding. I stamped the sentiment and then airbrushed through the die.

Stamps: 10 Point Ornament 548, Garden Shrub Set 560

For the second card I stamped the same image - 10 point ornament using brown ink. I airbrushed around the edges and in the center with a copic marker. The sentiment is stamped with spun sugar ink and airbrushed too. The main image panel is matted with brown and above a panel of the dp. I used the same Lattice punch, but this time twice, making a double border. The seam binding was colored with the spun sugar ink and also with brown to distress it. I added pink rhinestones to the main image panel and one to the sentiment.

Stamps: 10 Point Ornament 548, Garden Shrub Set 560

1 comment:

Erin said...

I absolutely love the colors in these cards!