Monday, January 3, 2011

Get crackin!

I really need to get crackin' around here. I have lots of cards I need to create, but also pack up my house for my move! Sheesh! I'm thinking sleep is going to have to be sacrificed.

Here is my first card of the year, using Rubbernecker's Pansies stamp. I love pansies.


I started this card last night so I could let the Stickles dry overnight. Good idea! I'm sure I would have smeared it had I not just left it alone. lol I'm not sure that the colors blended that well on the flowers, but it worked very well on the leaves. I really like the result. What do you think?

The beautiful pansy image (by Rubbernecker) was stamped using Black ink and then I used yellow and pink stickles on the flowers. I didn't have any green stickles, so I colored some of the clear ones I have with green reinkers! Hey, it worked beautifully. I used a toothpick to apply it the leaves.

The corners and border are by Martha Stewart. The green panel is embossed using Birds and Swirls. I added pearls and a ribbon.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Karen! You're moving? I had to catch myself so that I wouldn't fall off my chair! Where are you going girlfriend?
Miss you!
Terri